Counselor Director (part-time)
Pathways to Independence
Pathways to Independence
Huntington Beach, California 92649
Join Pathways to Independence!
Pathways to Independence (Pathways) has helped young women from disadvantaged backgrounds heal, experience scholastic growth and achieve independence since 1994. Through education, therapy, housing and healthcare, Pathways has helped to transform the lives of these women to break the cycle of poverty and abuse.
The Counselor Director is a part-time employment position (15 – 20 hours/week) and collaboratively administer and provide support services, counseling, case management, advocacy and crisis intervention services to a population of clients with trauma histories, substance use histories, mental health and social support needs. The Counselor Director offers therapeutic intervention, referrals and connection to supportive services. This role works closely with staff and volunteers to ensure clients are provided with trauma-informed and strengths-based services and support.
The Counselor Director is eligible for a primarily remote schedule, with occasional on-site work required. The schedule for this position will be determined once a candidate has been selected.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation for this position is $100 per hour and is eligible for the following benefits:
- Paid vacation leave.
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid holidays.
- Monthly professional development opportunities.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Perform crisis intervention, face-to-face counseling/therapy, drug and alcohol counseling services, and case management services from a strengths-based approach.
- Provide advocacy and coordination referrals for individuals in academic and social service settings.
- Assist student clients experiencing mental health, behavioral or emotional crises as they navigate social and academic settings.
- Provide training and education on mental health, healing from trauma, boundaries, diversity/equity-based interventions, cultural humility, sobriety, coping skills, etc.
- Document and track clients receiving therapy and other support services.
- LMFT or LCSW licensure required (either licensed or on a path to licensure).
- At least 5 years of experience required.
- Ability to provide trauma-informed, culturally relevant interventions with clients.
- Understand interpersonal abuse and violence, trauma theory, and healing modalities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in crisis situations, while maintaining healthy boundaries and contributing to a model of self and community care.
- Interest in working with vulnerable populations.
- Proven ability to provide trauma-informed and culturally responsive services.
- Able to work as part of a team fostering collaborative environment.
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest! Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. Pathways is unable to accept direct inquiries for this position (emails, phone calls, etc.).
Preferred Years Of Experience:5 Year(s)
Education Required:Masters Degree - MA
Employment/Position Type:Part Time
Travel:Local Travel Only
Date Posted : 03/28/2023
Email your Resume
Share On :